My Blog List

Friday, June 11, 2010

Flea Market Friday!


As promised, I'm back with a sampling of my latest day dream creation. And since it's Friday (and a beautiful one, at that,) I'm also honoring one of my favorite weekend pass-times ... flea marketing!
Recreating, reinventing, and repurposing seemingly useless and unattractive objects brings me so much joy. This bucket, for instance, was originally galvanized steel. Sure, it was useful, but not so pretty. I coughed up the lofty sum of two dollars, primed it, painted it the best color on earth (PINK!) and then decoupaged a cutout from an old calendar around the rim. I then painted the words "Roses ... five cents" beneath the new trim. I use it for holding magazines, but it could have ao many other uses. Everyone who sees it comments on it. Never has two dollars bought so much pleasure! Try it yourself!
Have a happy day, and do something that makes you smile.
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Oh Sarah, I do LOVE it!!! So sweet and you are right there is no better colour than PINK!!!! There is nothing better than a good flea market. Who knows what treasure one might find. Enjoy your Saturday and Happy Creating. Blessings and Hugs, Deanna

    ReplyDelete