My Blog List

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Fine Vintage Dining

Today I thought I wold share with you one of my favorite vintage pieces: A china cabinet that I salvaged from the side of the road.



I wish I had thought to take a BEFORE photo - but it was too ugly to even consider doing so!
Suffice it to say, it was dark and dingy, with wooden appliques, brassy knobs, and, as my then seven year old said, looked straight out of a haunted house.
I primed and painted the cabinet, chipped off the appliques,
added simple pewter knobs, and painted the interior a stunning blue to match my dining room and compliment my inherited china collection, which ranges from Billingsly Rose to Delft.


The effect is so charming and the process so rewarding, I wonder why anyone would ever buy new!

Have a wonderful day
Sarah


































No comments:

Post a Comment